tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bob DeRemer <bob.dere...@thingworx.com>
Subject is it possible to dynamically add servlets and websocket endpoints during startup based on our own configuration settings?
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:32:46 GMT
I'm in the process of developing a configurable server application which must handle various
protocols, but the respective endpoints must be configurable.  Specifically, I would like
to programmatically add both HTTP servlet(s) as well as WebSocket Servlets/Endpoints during
the contextInitialized call [based on our own configuration settings], as opposed to having
all servlets in web.xml or annotated classes loaded automatically.

Is this possible in Tomcat 7; and, if yes, are there any examples?  I know the Endpoint aspect
of the question depends on JSR-356 being back-ported.

Thanks,

Bob DeRemer
Senior Director, Architecture and Development

http://www.thingworx.com<http://www.thingworx.com/>
Skype: bob.deremer.thingworx
O: 610.594.6200 x812
M: 717.881.3986