tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael S├╝dkamp <Michael.Suedk...@docware.de>
Subject Java6 JAX-WS and Tomcat interoperability
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:18:31 GMT
Hello,

My problem is  not directly related to Tomcat but to any web container...

A while ago we developed a webservice interface to our Java web-app. At that time we needed
Java 5 compatibility, that's why we used the JAX-WS RI 2.2.5 package.
Now we increased the system requirement for our web-app to Java 6 and thus we thought it should
be could idea to let our webservice rely on the JAVA 6 built-in JAX-WS. But we ran into problems.
First we realized that using the com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener
in Tomcat web.xml still requires the jaxws-rt.jar from the JAX-WS RI package (class is in
there). So we readded several JARs from the JAX-WS RI to our web-app until the Listener worked.
But then we realized that the classes in jaxws-rt-jar overlap somehow with the built-in Java
classes, i.e. we get NoSuchMethod errors now.

Now my question: what is the preferred way to achieve what we need. Should we go back to the
external JAX-WS RI package?

Michael