tomcat-users mailing list archives

From app...@dsl.pipex.com
Subject Why does JDBC application logging SQL instructions in Apache Tomcat lists 545 repeatedly
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 23:30:18 GMT
I'm not sure of this is an Apache Tomcat issue or not but here goes: I am currently running
a number of programs in
batch which dynamically create and populate a number of tables in MySQL Server Version 5.5.

When I do this, I am logging the SQL to an Apache Tomcat log file. Sometimes the SQL listings

will list a particular series of queries reading the <title> elements of RSS feeds one
by one such as:

    SELECT TITLE  FROM _rss_172_917617_01012011_1293889632011 WHERE CreatedDateTime BETWEEN
'2011-07-01 00:00:00'
AND '2011-07-31 23:59:00';
    SELECT TITLE  FROM _rss_173_353205_01012011_1293889643042 WHERE CreatedDateTime BETWEEN
'2011-07-01 00:00:00'
AND '2011-07-31 23:59:00';

Then the name of the system will be printed as follows in the log file:

    [myApp]

And then there will be a series of lines reading:

    545

Before the next series of queries run. And when the next series of queries does run, the text
of each query is
listed, and then another line lists the system name.

    SELECT TITLE  FROM _rss_121_298920_24122010_1293174184748 WHERE CreatedDateTime BETWEEN
'2011-07-01 00:00:00'
AND '2011-07-01 23:59:00';
    [myApp]

MyApp is written in Java and running under Tomcat 6.0.26. I should add that sometimes the
number of queries
producing the data for one table, which may number in the hundreds, appear to be fine. Other
times the 545 message
is listed: this appears to be sporadic with no apparent pattern.

Though the queries appear to be running, can anyone tell me what 545 might mean? It seems
to happen on two separate
servers running the same programs but over different data.