tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hidayath <hidayath.ba...@saventech.com>
Subject Connection not Closed at TCP level
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 10:12:15 GMT
Hi,

We have a websocket application which keeps writing data to the clients.

We found that when tabs (not whole browser) of Firefox (ver. 22) is closed,
the websocket connection is not closed. Anyway, reproducibility is very low.
And the sendQ (netstat -an) keeps growing

So, what we did is. we kept sending heart beat from client. If this heart
beat timeout occurs, we are trying to close the connection as follows

ByteBuffer bbuff = ByteBuffer.allocate(1);

bbuff.put((byte) 0);

messageInbound.getWsOutbound().close(0, bbuff);

Is this correct approach to close the connection from server? Because, the
connection is not closed at lower level (netstat -an). Anyway, writing data
to it , is stopped and sendQ stops growing.

# netstat -an | grep :8080

tcp        0 402376 172.22.59.176:8080      198.162.18.207:64805
ESTABLISHED

Thanks and regards,

Hidayath