tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Majors, Jeremy" <jmaj...@tribune.com>
Subject Expected Delay when Switching to New Version of Application Using Parallel Deployment (Tomcat 7.0.27)
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 15:24:06 GMT
For a simple web application, what is the expected delay when switching to new version of an
application when using the parallel deployment process?  I'm trying to do timings right now
with a single Hello World JSP and sometimes there is a delay of up to 4 seconds when the new
version of the application is deployed (running 5 users simultaneously using Jmeter with cookies
turned off), but other times I don't see this behavior.  Does anyone know if it is expected
for there to be a slight hiccup in response times when the applications are deployed via parallel
deployment?  I understand that many applications will have initialization logic and that may
cause a delay, but I'm wondering if I should expect tomcat to introduce a very small delay
when switching from the old version to the new version and if so, how long should I expect
that process to take.

Please let me know if I haven't been clear.

Thanks,
Jeremy