tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Majors, Jeremy" <jmaj...@tribune.com>
Subject Tomcat 7.0.27 on Mac OSX Lion -- Is it Possible to use Tomcat Parallel Deployment when the Context Name is Different than the WAR Name
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 18:30:20 GMT
The application I am working on currently runs in production under multiple contexts within
tomcat and we are doing so by creating separate context.xml files for each where we specify
the docbase which points to a single directory and each has a unique path value specified.
We are currently evaluating the parallel deployment feature of Tomcat and I'm having trouble
finding a way to get that to work with our current setup. I've read the tomcat documentation
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming) and it doesn't appear
to support our current setup, but I wanted to reach out to the community and ask before we
attempt to change how we setup tomcat. Please note, I have been able to get the parallel deployment
process to work if we create separate wars for each of our web sites and deploy them individually.
 Also, there is logic that understands which "context" the site is running in and loads different
configuration files and alters it's behavior based upon the context, so setting up aliases
won't work for us (at least not based upon my understanding of how that piece of functionality
works).

Does anyone know if our current context configuration can work with the parallel deployment
process and if so, how would that be accomplished?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Jeremy