tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Edison <justdoit.thomas.edi...@gmail.com>
Subject Application won't start
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:10:45 GMT
Hi all,

*Context:*
I'm trying to install the Pig Lipstick tool from Netflix, which uses
Tomcat.  Here is the source code.
https://github.com/Netflix/Lipstick

I followed the instruction on this page:
https://github.com/Netflix/Lipstick/wiki/Getting-Started

Unfortunately, after I deploy the war file and restart the tomcat service.
 The application won't start.  I can see the application from the Tomcat
Web Application Manager.  I also tried to use the Start button on the page,
but it simply won't start.

*My Question:*
*Is there a way I can check the log to see what went wrong?*  I checked the
log file in CATALINA_BASE, but it didn't tell much.  Here is what it says:
Jul 11, 2013 9:58:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
startInternal
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jul 11, 2013 9:58:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
startInternal
SEVERE: Context [/lipstick] startup failed due to previous errors
Jul 11, 2013 9:58:00 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [/lipstick] registered the JDBC driver
[com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web
application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been
forcibly unregistered.
Jul 11, 2013 9:58:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT
Jul 11, 2013 9:58:02 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Jul 11, 2013 9:58:02 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 40932 ms

Thanks.

T.E.