tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>
Subject Re: [Tomcat 7.x] Tuning the connector for large requests / response
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:20:49 GMT
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Stefan Magnus Landrø
<stefan.landro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Den 11. juli 2013 kl. 15:44 skrev chris derham <chris@derham.me.uk>:
>
>> Stefan,
>>
>>> but I'm not sure which values to tune. Probably the buffers, right?
>>>
>>> Any pointers would be great.
>>
>> If you want to tune an application, first you need to create a
>> repeatable test load using any tool you like.
>
> Agreed. That's exactly what I'm doing (using Gatling actually)

Ok never heard of it - will have a look

>> Then measure the
>> application under load, and identify where there are problems.
>
> Performing a thread dump I see most threads are doing io stuff reading from the socket
and consuming lots of CPU.

Can you post the thread dumps? That might help people on the list get
a feel for where the problem lies? Do you hit this problem when you
target a specific url, or only when you have a broad range of request
types hitting the server

Chris