tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose María Zaragoza <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Share info across different sessions & servers
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:43:55 GMT
Thanks Christopher :

Maybe I explained myself badly
I really need to send messages to a specific web session , not share data

I need to pass some data ( message ) to a specific session from a remote
system ( a remote process from a remote system).
Finally, this data is passed to client's browser by AJAX Reverse

My idea is the session creates a dynamic Queue and it configures itself as
Consumer
If I pass the Queue to remote process ( in message.replyTo() ) , the remote
process can send data to that specific session

I could use a RDBS but , in this case, session needs to create a thread to
polling on a share table. And I don't like this idea, sorry.

memcached sounds good but I don't know anything about it and I don't know
is is based on a event-driven architecture

I need

1) send data/message from a remote process to a specific web session
2) execute some code in this session
3) consume ( a.k.a, delete ) that message

Persistence is not a requirement but ActiveMQ allows it

I'l try it with ActiveMQ

Thanks again and regards