tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Frey <>
Subject Re: [OT] WEB-INF
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:38:15 GMT

On 11.07.2013, at 17:36, André Warnier <> wrote:

> Leo Donahue - RDSA IT wrote:
>> You mention header/footers, which was in the back of my mind when I posted this.
 Placing headers/footers in WEB-INF doesn't allow me to re-use these in different webapps,
without having multiple copies of these? If I have a header/footer template in \webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\templates\,
I can't reference it from  \webapps\App2\WEB-INF\templates  ... or can I?
> There are 2 schools of thought here.
> One says that webapps should be independent of one another.

And that's the only "school of thought" that the servlet spec supports (for better or worse).
At the deployed application stage (vs. development) reuse is not supported at all, each web
app must be self-contained.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message