tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Authentication from a REST service
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:51:00 GMT
> From: Martin O'Shea [mailto:appy74@dsl.pipex.com]
> Subject: RE: Authentication from a REST service

> Sorry Chris, I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. Can you elaborate?

Don't top-post; it makes the conversation impossible to follow.

Step 1: read the security section of the Servlet spec.

Step 2: read the Tomcat doc Chris pointed out to you.

Step 3: look at the WEB-INF/web.xml settings in the relevant examples that come with Tomcat,
including the manager and host-manager webapps.

 - Chuck