tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Authentication from a REST service
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:15:50 GMT
Martin O'Shea wrote:
> Hello
>

> I am in the process of setting up a web service between an android app and
> Tomcat 6.0.26 implemented with Jersey. I already have client and server
> communicating with each other by sending XML requests. But I would like the
> user of the client to be authenticated by the server for a set period of
> time and then have to re-authenticate after that time has expired.
>

> Can anyone suggest anything?

It may be better to ask this on the Jersey user's list.
I would imagine that Jersey provides a way to force the client to be authenticated. This
would work via a session, and there is probably a way to set the session timeout.
After the last interaction + the timeout, the session will expire, and this should
automatically force the client to re-authenticate at the next access.