tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: 1.2.37 connector and IIS 7.5
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 22:27:53 GMT
Wes Novack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get the latest 32 bit Tomcat 1.2.37 connector for IIS (
> jakarta / isapi_redirect.dll ) to play nicely on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64
> bit) and IIS 7.5.
>
> I installed JRE 7 update 25 (32 bit) , then installed the Apache Tomcat
> 7.0.42 using the Windows installer EXE. I then downloaded a precompiled
> binary of the IIS i386 isapi_redirect.dll and configured everything (need
> Tomcat to run as 32 bit).

Are you sure ? isapi_redirect in an add-on module for IIS, and has in principle nothing to

do with which Tomcat version you are using. Tomcat could be running on another host on the

other side of the planet. isapi-redirect talks to Tomcat via TCP, that's the only
relationship.

> When testing through IIS, I get the following error in the browser:
> "HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
> Calling GetFilterVersion on ISAPI filter "C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll"
> failed. "
>
> EventViewer application log shows the following errors:
> "The HTTP Filter DLL C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load. The data
> is in the error."
>
> I have double checked permissions, the ISAPI filter, the jakarta virtual
> directory, config files and everything else that I can think of. There is
> no isapi_redirect.log file generated. AppPool has Enable 32-Bit
> Applications set to True.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!

It is probably the IIS and isapi_redirect that do not match, bits-wise.