tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 1.2.37 connector and IIS 7.5
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:16:39 GMT
On 7/16/2013 1:47 PM, Wes Novack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get the latest 32 bit Tomcat 1.2.37 connector for IIS (
> jakarta / isapi_redirect.dll ) to play nicely on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64
> bit) and IIS 7.5.
>
> I installed JRE 7 update 25 (32 bit) , then installed the Apache Tomcat
> 7.0.42 using the Windows installer EXE. I then downloaded a precompiled
> binary of the IIS i386 isapi_redirect.dll and configured everything (need
> Tomcat to run as 32 bit).
>
> When testing through IIS, I get the following error in the browser:
> "HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
> Calling GetFilterVersion on ISAPI filter "C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll"
> failed. "
>
> EventViewer application log shows the following errors:
> "The HTTP Filter DLL C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load. The data
> is in the error."
>
> I have double checked permissions, the ISAPI filter, the jakarta virtual
> directory, config files and everything else that I can think of. There is
> no isapi_redirect.log file generated. AppPool has Enable 32-Bit
> Applications set to True.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
> WN

 From the fine documentation at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/iis.html

Note that in a 64 Bit environment - at least for IIS 7 - the used IIS
Application Pool should have "Enable 32-bit Applications" set to
"False". Otherwise the redirector will not be called and returns an http
code 404. If you think, the 32bit version of isapi_redirect.dll would do
the job instead, you will get an http code 500, because the library is
not loadable into a 64 Bit IIS.

In short, if you have a 64 bit IIS, you'll need the 64 bit isapi filter.

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/