tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: [OT] WEB-INF
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:55:09 GMT
On 15/07/2013 15:38, Leo Donahue - RDSA IT wrote:
>> -----Original Message----- From: Mark Thomas
>> [] Subject: Re: [OT] WEB-INF
>> I'd prefer to see a clearer requirement for it from the user base
> What about a single site with multiple webapps all laid out with the
> same header/footer, left/right navigation styles ?  - all static
> content.

That is covered by overlays. Multi-tenancy was a lot wider than that.

> I understand now that the build/deploy process will take care of the
> redundant templates.  A change in one header/footer just means I
> redeploy every web app using it - or essentially all of them.

This should be a lot easier to handle with Tomcat 8. If this is a
problem that applies to a site you manage, I'd encourage you to grab the
8.0.x source, built it and try out the new resource handling. Feedback

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message