tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Collision on port 8005 -- what to do about it?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 19:23:48 GMT
We appear to be having, on a multi-IP-address system, a collision with
port 8005, causing Tomcat to crash on takeoff.

Looking at server.xml, I see that 8005 is not mentioned in any
"connector" definition, but rather in this:

> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

I know how to bind a connector to a specific IP address, but I know
nothing about this. Neither do I know what would happen if, once Tomcat
is up, we were to attempt to send a shutdown message in the usual way:
would we shut Tomcat down, or would we shut whatever owns 127.0.0.1:8005?

--
JHHL