tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.27 on Mac OSX Lion -- Is it Possible to use Tomcat Parallel Deployment when the Context Name is Different than the WAR Name
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:58:44 GMT
On 01/07/2013 21:50, Majors, Jeremy wrote:
> I have 3 separate context files setup within the conf/Catalina/localhost/
> folder  (examples provided below).
>
> WebSite1
> <Context reloadable="true" crossContext="true" sessionCookiePath="/"
> docBase="/Users/jeremy/tomcat/manualDeploy/myapp"
> path="/website1"></Context>

Assuming the file above is called website1##001.xml

then you should be able to add website1##002.xml with the following content:
<Context reloadable="true" crossContext="true" sessionCookiePath="/"
docBase="/Users/jeremy/tomcat/manualDeploy/myapp-v2"
path="/website1"></Context>

Adjust file names as necessary for your example. I'd recommend you keep
the docBase file name in sync with the version number in the context.xml
file name.

Mark