tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: servlet 3.1, etc?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:09:48 GMT

On Jul 10, 2013, at 9:32 AM, Edoardo Panfili wrote:

>> Tomcat 8.
>>
>> Implementation complete? Best guess is a couple of months. The more help
>> we get with the EL 3.0 implementation, the sooner we'll finish.
>>
>> Stable? Best guess is late this year / early next.
>>

> very good news for me! thank you!
> I will try to build Tomcat from trunk.
>
> It makes sense if I try it with JDK8 milestones? (I'd like to use java8 in my application
but is not essential)

> thank you again
> Edoardo

My testing on Tomcat 8 has been exclusively on Java 8. It has been working very well (minus
the incomplete EL 3.0 implementation, of course). If you have a need for Java 8, I encourage
you to test Tomcat 8 on Java 8. It will help the Tomcat developers because you may find Tomcat
bugs that exist on Java 8 but not on Java 7.

Nick