tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <>
Subject Re: Collision on port 8005 -- what to do about it?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 19:33:40 GMT
On Jul 10, 2013, at 3:23 PM, James H. H. Lampert <> wrote:

> We appear to be having, on a multi-IP-address system, a collision with port 8005, causing
Tomcat to crash on takeoff.
> Looking at server.xml, I see that 8005 is not mentioned in any "connector" definition,
but rather in this:
>> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

This is the shutdown port that Tomcat starts.  See here.

> I know how to bind a connector to a specific IP address, but I know nothing about this.
Neither do I know what would happen if, once Tomcat is up, we were to attempt to send a shutdown
message in the usual way: would we shut Tomcat down, or would we shut whatever owns

Tomcat would shutdown.  You can disable it if you wish.  Just set port="-1".

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message