tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: Collision on port 8005 -- what to do about it?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 20:18:18 GMT
On Jul 10, 2013, at 3:56 PM, John Renne <john@gniffelnieuws.net> wrote:

>> I know how to bind a connector to a specific IP address, but I know nothing about
this. Neither do I know what would happen if, once Tomcat is up, we were to attempt to send
a shutdown message in the usual way: would we shut Tomcat down, or would we shut whatever
owns 127.0.0.1:8005?

> As far as I know, there's no way to bind the shutdown port to a specific IP-address,
you can however change the shutdown port for every tomcat instance.

Depends on the version.  See the "address" attribute that was added in Tomcat 7.

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/server.html

Dan