tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jane Muse <JM...@rocketsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Class cast exception when starting tomcat 7.0.1
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 22:44:56 GMT
I'm using the standard implementation of Realm. Here's the code

//Validate passwords
		try {
			if (oldTomcatPassword != null && !"".equals(oldTomcatPassword.trim()))
			{
				TomcatConfig tconf = TomcatConfig.getInstance();
				String digestAlg = tconf.getTomcatPwdEncryptionType();
				String encryptedOldPwd = oldTomcatPassword;
				if (digestAlg != null)
					encryptedOldPwd = RealmBase.Digest(oldTomcatPassword, digestAlg);
				if (!encryptedOldPwd.equals(tconf.getEncryptedTomcatPwd(tomcatUserName))) {
					errors.add("incorrectPwd", new ActionError("error.password.incorrect"));
				}
			}

As I said, it no longer compiles with catalina.jar from Tomcat 7.0.41. This is not a surprise,
that the signature would change, and I changed the code accordingly. Now it is:

encryptedOldPwd = RealmBase.Digest(oldTomcatPassword, digestAlg, encodedType);

Compiles fine now.

. However, when I build with ant, it says actual and formal argument lists differ in length.
I don't know why there's an actual and a formal argument list. I swapped out catalina.jar.

188: error: method Digest in class RealmBase cannot be applied to given types;
    [javac] 				encryptedOldPwd = RealmBase.Digest(oldTomcatPassword, digestAlg, encodedType
);
    [javac] 				                           ^
    [javac]   required: String,String
    [javac]   found: String,String,String
    [javac]   reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length
    [javac] 2 errors
    [javac] 1 warning