tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jane Muse <JM...@rocketsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Class cast exception when starting tomcat 7.0.1
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:38:03 GMT
Who says I was using a 3 year old unreleased level? I had started out with Tomcat 7.0.41 and
when I got the class cast exception, I tried an easier migration - Tomcat 6.0.18 to 7.0.10.
I downloaded 7.0.10 from the archives. As I said, the problem was due to using catalina.jar
in my WEB-INF lib, and not due to using 7.0.10.

JMuse

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:18 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Class cast exception when starting tomcat 7.0.1

> From: Jane Muse [mailto:JMuse@rocketsoftware.com]
> Subject: RE: Class cast exception when starting tomcat 7.0.1

> Problem was solved by removing an old catalina.jar for WEB-INF/lib.

The fact that you had a Tomcat-supplied jar in WEB-INF/lib is even scarier than using a three-year-old
unreleased level.  Tomcat-supplied jars must *NEVER* be placed anywhere other than in Tomcat's
lib directory.  Sounds like you need to do a comprehensive audit of your webapp development
and deployment process.

 - Chuck