tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eugène Adell <Eugene.Ad...@d2-si.eu>
Subject RE:Customizing SSL in HttpClient
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:24:34 GMT

Hello

is there any reason to implement an http client instead of using wget/cURL ? If you need a
CLI/GUI client you still can use jtouch.sourceforge.net which allows some fine tuning (SSL
provider, ciphersuite,..), 'am not making some advertisement here..

E.A.

De : Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at Cisco) [anigoyal@cisco.com]
Envoyé : lundi 10 juin 2013 14:42
À : Tomcat Users List
Objet : Customizing SSL in HttpClient

Hi

I am trying to create a http client and send a request to certain port of a server using below
code:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
client.getHostConfiguration().setHost(address, portNumber, protocol);

Here portNumber that I am setting is 8444(https port of tomcat)

When I execute client.executemethod() and at the server side when I tried to retrieve request.getRequestURL(),
I am getting the url with port 443 not 8444 which I set in client. Even request.getServerPort
is giving 443 not 8444.

The things are working fine for 8081(http port of tomcat) i..e
HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
client.getHostConfiguration().setHost(address, portNumber, protocol);

Here portNumber that I am setting is 8081(https port of tomcat)
When I execute client.executemethod() and at the server side when I tried to retrieve request.getRequestURL(),
I am getting the url with port 8081 which I set in client. Even request.getServerPort is giving
8081.

Thanks
Anil