tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Couralet <cedric.coura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different behaviour when start inside Eclipse
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 03:31:44 GMT
2013/6/20 Demetrio Carvalho <demetrio.r@hotmail.com>:
> When I start the Tomcat 7 by invoking startup.sh via gnome-terminal I can reach the administration
console while browsing localhost:8080. But when I start the same Tomcat inside the Eclipse
although my web application is working properly when I browse localhost:8080/my_application/index.html,
I get error 404 when I try browse localhost:8080. What is the difference about start process
between Eclipse and startup.sh?

hello,

The default webapps are not included when launching via eclipse. When
adding a tomcat server in eclipse, it creates a catalina_base folder
(most often under
$eclipse_workspace/.metadata/wst.server.core/tmp$number) with no
applications by default.

Cédric