tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>
Subject Re: Best practices for shared classloader use?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 16:56:40 GMT
> I am considering using the Tomcat 7 shared classloader to reduce the memory footprint
of my web apps.

Can you provide some approximate numbers as to what the current memory
footprint is? Also some details of how many tomcat instances you have
running and/or how many versions of the application you have running?

So for example if your war file has 10mb of class files, and you have
five concurrent versions of the war running, your reasoning is that by
using a shared class loader, you can reduce the memory foot print from
50mb to 10mb?

Thanks

Chris