tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customizing SSL in HttpClient
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:34:15 GMT
2013/6/10 Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at Cisco)
<anigoyal@cisco.com>:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to create a http client and send a request to certain port of a server using
below code:

> HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
> client.getHostConfiguration().setHost(address, portNumber, protocol);
>
> Here portNumber that I am setting is 8444(https port of tomcat)
>
> When I execute client.executemethod() and at the server side when I tried to retrieve
request.getRequestURL(), I am getting the url with port 443 not 8444 which I set in client.
Even request.getServerPort is giving 443 not 8444.

> The things are working fine for 8081(http port of tomcat) i..e
> HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
> client.getHostConfiguration().setHost(address, portNumber, protocol);
>
> Here portNumber that I am setting is 8081(https port of tomcat)
> When I execute client.executemethod() and at the server side when I tried to retrieve
request.getRequestURL(), I am getting the url with port 8081 which I set in client. Even request.getServerPort
is giving 8081.

1. Your OS = ?
2. Version of HttpClient = ? Is it Apache HttpClient (hc.apache.org)?
3. Version of Tomcat = ?
4. What connector implementations (BIO, NIO, APR) and on which ports
are configured in Tomcat?
They should be mentioned in the logs when Tomcat starts.

5. Are you sure that your HttpClient connects to port 8444? What if
you use a web browser?
What if you list active connections (using netstat or some other tool)?
6. Does it connect directly to Tomcat,
 or some proxy (Apache Httpd, iptables, a NAT on a router) is involved?

> request.getServerPort

Configure an AccessLogValve. %p in the log pattern should be able to
print the ServerPort value.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko