tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 and Windows Service
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:31:29 GMT
2013/6/3 <>
> Hi,
> I'm running tomcat as Windows service.
> Now I like to add JMX support to the process:
> Configuring the service
> added the above options to the Java options. The start is then working fine and JMX is
working fine. But since I made this service the stop operation is not working anymore. When
I run via console, then I see that the stop is complaining on port (used by JMX), already
in use. This is propably the root cause of the stop not working. Is there a way to specify
JVM arguments for only the start operation?

The service wrapper comes from Apache Commons Daemon project.

You are better to ask there.

The things that I would try:
a) add those "-D,.." to "start arguments" setting. (The one that
contains a single argument "start" by default).

Maybe it works, maybe not.

b) add those properties to conf/ file

It would not work if JVM reads them at startup (before the Bootstrap
class runs), but should work if it reads them at a later time.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: