tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 and Windows Service
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:31:29 GMT
2013/6/3 <Walter.Heestermans@toyota-europe.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm running tomcat as Windows service.
>
> Now I like to add JMX support to the process:
>
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=10150
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
>
> Configuring the service
>

> added the above options to the Java options. The start is then working fine and JMX is
working fine. But since I made this service the stop operation is not working anymore. When
I run via console, then I see that the stop is complaining on port (used by JMX), already
in use. This is propably the root cause of the stop not working. Is there a way to specify
JVM arguments for only the start operation?

The service wrapper comes from Apache Commons Daemon project.
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/

You are better to ask there.

The things that I would try:
a) add those "-D,.." to "start arguments" setting. (The one that
contains a single argument "start" by default).

Maybe it works, maybe not.

b) add those properties to conf/catalina.properties file

It would not work if JVM reads them at startup (before the Bootstrap
class runs), but should work if it reads them at a later time.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko