tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Don Asper <Don.As...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Best practices for shared classloader use?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 16:03:54 GMT
Sorry, I was not clear in my first post.  I want to load the jars containing functionality
that is common to my web apps using the shared classloader.  I anticipate that there can be
problems if different versions of the same class are on the shared classpath.  I also suspect
that any common jars or classes will cause a problem if they contain static fields.  Am I
correct in this?  Are there other problems that typically occur when attempting to share classes?
 What should I watch out for when trying to share functionality between my web apps?  Thanks.