tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Don Asper <Don.As...@sas.com>
Subject Best practices for shared classloader use?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:36:05 GMT
I am considering using the Tomcat 7 shared classloader to reduce the memory footprint of my
web apps.  But, I'm afraid that loading my application jar files into a single classloader
will cause lots of problems.  I'm aware that the shared classpath should not specify multiple
versions of the same class.  But I suspect, for example, that classes that have static properties
must not be shared.  Am I correct in thinking this?  Are there other problems that I should
anticipate?  Thanks!