tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: Init params picked up before SCI?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:35:56 GMT

On Jun 17, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

> On 17/06/2013 14:26, Nicholas Williams wrote:
>> On Jun 17, 2013, at 8:15, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:
>>
>>> It seems obvious, but I couldn't find it mentioned in the spec, which concerns
me. Hopefully I'm overlooking something.

>>> All <init-param>s in the (merged?) deployment descriptor are guaranteed
to be picked up and placed in the ServletContext before any ServletContainerInitializers are
triggered, right?

>>> Nick
>>
>> Sorry, I meant <context-param>s, not <init-param>s. Methinks I'm
>> operating on too little sleep.
>
> It is the logical way of doing things but I don't see any explicit language either. The
best I could find was section 8.3 which implies in paragraph 3 that that the combined web.xml
needs to have been processed before the SCIs are called.

> Mark

Well at least I'm not going blind.

So how does Tomcat do it? It adds all the context-params to the context before triggering
the SCIs?

Nick