tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tanglin, Oliver" <OLIVER.TANG...@saic.com>
Subject RE: Possible to expose a Tomcat Realm instance through JNDI ?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:43:23 GMT
I don't think there is a HTTP Basic authentication realm. The authentication type is declared
in the <auth-method> of your web.xml and can be used in conjunction with a number of
different realm implementations.

Exactly what do you mean by re-use? Does this mean you are doing authentication from within
your web app?

Oliver

-----Original Message-----
From: users-return-242237-OLIVER.TANGLIN=saic.com@tomcat.apache.org on behalf of Tobias Gierke
Sent: Tue 6/11/2013 11:20 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Possible to expose a Tomcat Realm instance through JNDI ?

Hi,

In my web app, I'd like to re-use the (server-wide) Tomcat Realm that is
already being used for HTTP Basic authentication but couldn't find a way
how to get hold of the actual Realm instance.

I spent quite some time looking for a solution (complicated by the fact
that most Google hits actually referred to the LDAP authentication
realm) but found none. Is  there a "config-file-only" solution or do I
need to dig into the Tomcat source code and come up with my own JNDI
ObjectFactory to achieve this ?

Cheers,
Tobias