tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jane Muse <JM...@rocketsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Class cast exception when starting tomcat 7.0.1
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:44:46 GMT
Thanks much. Problem was solved by removing an old catalina.jar for WEB-INF/lib.

JMuse

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:38 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Class cast exception when starting tomcat 7.0.1

> From: Jane Muse [mailto:JMuse@rocketsoftware.com]
> Subject: Class cast exception when starting tomcat 7.0.1

> I'm getting a class cast exception when starting up tomcat 7.0.1

You can't be serious.  That version was never released, and would be almost three years old
if it had been.  Use the current version: 7.0.41.

Do a fresh download and clean install, verify that Tomcat is working, then add your webapps
one by one, insuring that each one operates properly before trying the next.  Do not directly
copy any configuration from previous versions of Tomcat to the new one; modify the conf/*.xml
files with whatever you need for your installation.  Also make sure you do not have the same
classes in tomcat's lib directory and the webapp's WEB-INF/lib or WEB-INF/classes directories.

 - Chuck