tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Init params picked up before SCI?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:41:46 GMT
On 17/06/2013 20:35, Nick Williams wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>
>> On 17/06/2013 14:26, Nicholas Williams wrote:

me. Hopefully I'm overlooking something.

to be picked up and placed in the ServletContext before any ServletContainerInitializers are
triggered, right?

>>> Sorry, I meant <context-param>s, not <init-param>s. Methinks I'm
>>> operating on too little sleep.
>>
>> It is the logical way of doing things but I don't see any explicit language either.
The best I could find was section 8.3 which implies in paragraph 3 that that the combined
web.xml needs to have been processed before the SCIs are called.

>> Mark
>
> Well at least I'm not going blind.
>
> So how does Tomcat do it? It adds all the context-params to the context before triggering
the SCIs?

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig

The method of interest is left as an exercise for the reader.

Mark