tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Init params picked up before SCI?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:33:19 GMT
On 17/06/2013 14:26, Nicholas Williams wrote:
> On Jun 17, 2013, at 8:15, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:
>
>> It seems obvious, but I couldn't find it mentioned in the spec, which concerns me.
Hopefully I'm overlooking something.

>> All <init-param>s in the (merged?) deployment descriptor are guaranteed to
be picked up and placed in the ServletContext before any ServletContainerInitializers are
triggered, right?

>> Nick
>
> Sorry, I meant <context-param>s, not <init-param>s. Methinks I'm
> operating on too little sleep.

It is the logical way of doing things but I don't see any explicit
language either. The best I could find was section 8.3 which implies in
paragraph 3 that that the combined web.xml needs to have been processed
before the SCIs are called.

Mark