tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Gierke <tobias.gie...@voipfuture.com>
Subject Possible to expose a Tomcat Realm instance through JNDI ?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:20:33 GMT
Hi,

In my web app, I'd like to re-use the (server-wide) Tomcat Realm that is
already being used for HTTP Basic authentication but couldn't find a way
how to get hold of the actual Realm instance.

I spent quite some time looking for a solution (complicated by the fact
that most Google hits actually referred to the LDAP authentication
realm) but found none. Is  there a "config-file-only" solution or do I
need to dig into the Tomcat source code and come up with my own JNDI
ObjectFactory to achieve this ?

Cheers,
Tobias