tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making sure I understand application startup order correctly
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 08:14:04 GMT
On 01/06/2013 16:59, Nick Williams wrote:
> Off-topic, I should point out that I believe this is also a potential flaw in the Tomcat
WebSocket filter registration. It is also mapped isMatchAfter=false. So, if someone were to
add similar logging/auth filters to their deployment descriptor, they would only ever match
AFTER the WebSocket filter, which I can't imagine would ever be desired. IMO, the WebSocket
filter registration needs to be isMatchAfter=true. This would ensure that logging/auth filters
in the deployment descriptor matched first, and also eliminate my need to have an <absolute-ordering>.

Fair point. I'll get that changed.

Mark