tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Best practices for shared classloader use?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:43:49 GMT
Hi Don!

You can try to move only common libs shared by all yor different webapps to the shared classloader
but leave the application core in seperate war files?

Jens

Sent from my iPhone

On 04.06.2013, at 17:36, Don Asper <Don.Asper@sas.com> wrote:

> I am considering using the Tomcat 7 shared classloader to reduce the memory footprint
of my web apps.  But, I'm afraid that loading my application jar files into a single classloader
will cause lots of problems.  I'm aware that the shared classpath should not specify multiple
versions of the same class.  But I suspect, for example, that classes that have static properties
must not be shared.  Am I correct in thinking this?  Are there other problems that I should
anticipate?  Thanks!