tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bean William R <>
Subject RE: .net web service client calling Tomcat 7
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 14:33:19 GMT
> Is there a RFC that describes best behaviour of server and client in this situation?

My guess is that the disagreement comes somewhere in RFC 2616 section 8.2.3 - Use of the 100
(Continue) Status.

> On my opinion Tomcat behaves correctly. If client doesn't send proper credentials it
is dangerous and useless to read all input data.

That was our opinion for httpd as well.

> I've switched off the connection keep alive at Connector config. And now client doesn't
suffer by closing a socket. So this is a solution for "bad" .net client.
> Jan.

Glad to hear!

-- Bill

To unsubscribe, e-mail: