tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bean William R <BeanWilli...@JohnDeere.com>
Subject RE: .net web service client calling Tomcat 7
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 17:47:08 GMT
>When client sends a request there are written 2 lines at tomcat access log:
>192.168.1.211 - - [03/Jun/2013:16:02:24 +0200] "POST /ades-server/adesOperationsWebService
HTTP/1.1" 401 951
>192.168.1.211 - - [01/Jan/1970:00:59:59 +0100] "<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><s:Body
null" 400 -
>
>Basically the .net client never sends Authorization header at first time.
>I used wireshark to see the communication:
>
>1. C sends packet with http headers.
>2. C sends  packet with first part of soap xml request that begins <s:Envelope ...
>3. S replies 401 Unauthorized.
>4. S replies 400 Bad Request.
>5. S sends RST (reset packet).

I can't offer an answer, but sympathy and a workaround:

We ran into this exact same issue when we moved to Apache httpd webservers.  We opted to disable
keepalive for "MS Web Services" clients with:

BrowserMatch "MS Web Services" nokeepalive

rather than fighting an RFC interpretation battle... 

It looks like similar could be done in tomcat with "restrictedUserAgents" option on the http
connector: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html

-- Bill

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message