tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Urkens Jean-Pierre <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 and Windows Service
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 11:51:48 GMT
Try creating a file $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/setenv.bat and include following line in it:

set ""

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:35 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 and Windows Service

When I add the arguments to the startup arguments entry, and try to start the service

Then the following error is given

WARNING: Bootstrap: command
"" does not exist.

Tried "conf/"

I just add the following to the file?

Nothing seems to work...

From:   Konstantin Kolinko <>
To:     Tomcat Users List <>,
Date:   03/06/2013 13:32

2013/6/3 <>
> Hi,
> I'm running tomcat as Windows service.
> Now I like to add JMX support to the process:
> Configuring the service
> added the above options to the Java options. The start is then working
fine and JMX is working fine. But since I made this service the stop operation is not working
anymore. When I run via console, then I see that the stop is complaining on port (used by
JMX), already in use. This is propably the root cause of the stop not working. Is there a
way to specify JVM arguments for only the start operation?

The service wrapper comes from Apache Commons Daemon project.

You are better to ask there.

The things that I would try:
a) add those "-D,.." to "start arguments" setting. (The one that contains a single argument
"start" by default).

Maybe it works, maybe not.

b) add those properties to conf/ file

It would not work if JVM reads them at startup (before the Bootstrap class runs), but should
work if it reads them at a later time.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: