tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael-O <1983-01...@gmx.net>
Subject ErrorReportValve's char encoding ignored
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 07:46:56 GMT
Hi folks,

I have modified the ErrorReportValve's messages outside of the one-byte range and the output
got mangled. The response does not contain a char encoding anymore.

I know that the error valve does this:

response.setContentType("text/html");
response.setCharacterEncoding("utf-8");

but the setCharEnc method is completely ignored. Because the var usingWriter is already set
to true. This happens in the ApplicationDispatcher#doForward line 393/394 when a servlet performs
a forward.

Though a response.getReporter() is used but this one is completely unaware of the char encoding.

I am on Tomcat 6.0.35.

I presume this to be a bug. Should I file a BZ issue?

Michael