tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael-O <1983-01...@gmx.net>
Subject Possible false-postive with JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener and Tomcat's JDBC Pool
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 08:16:53 GMT
Hi folks,

I recently enabled a QueryTimeoutInterceptor with queryTimeout of 60 seconds in a JDBC Pool
data source (7.0.37). When the app was shut down, Tomcat said: "The web application [/...]
appears to have started a thread named [OracleTimeoutPollingThread] but has failed to stop
it..."

We are using Oracle 11.2g with 11.2.0.3 JDBC drivers. I have figured out that this thread
is spawned by the driver itself. According to this Stackoverflow answer [1] this is a long-living
thread, same says the JDBC FAQ [2] of Oracle.

The thread seems to work like Pool's PoolCleaner thread. A few month a ago I reported the
same issue with the PoolCleaner thread and Filip fixed the class loader orders.

Can this be a false-positive by the memory leak detector since this thread lives only once
in the entire VM?

Thanks,

Michael

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/3387312/696632