tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Baugher <bjb...@gmail.com>
Subject NoSuchMethodError loading class in webapp from common class loader
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 13:52:01 GMT
Hi,

I am running Tomcat 7.0.28 on RHEL 6.2 with a single web app. The web app
in question uses reflection to load some implementations of our classes
(kind of like a service loader) knowing the class name. I am trying to add
additional implementations by dropping them in the tomcat's lib directory
but I keep seeing NoSuchMethodError for the constructor to the class.

I know the constructor is there because if I move the jar into the web
app's lib directory (webapp/[WEB_APP]/WEB_INF/lib) everything works.

I figure this must be some class loader issue I am not understanding but
these docs[1][2] don't seem to indicate there should be any issue.

-Bryan

[1] - http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

[2] - http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/jcp/servlet-2.4-fr-spec-oth-JSpec/