tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leon Rosenberg <rosenberg.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring Tomcat - Delta Values
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 22:36:42 GMT
Hello Shanti,

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Shanti Suresh <shanti@umich.edu> wrote:

> I am interested in trending of the metrics - so data for four months, let's
> say.
> - Does moskito have a way of storing data?

yes it does:
https://confluence.opensource.anotheria.net/display/MSK/MoSKito+Central
https://confluence.opensource.anotheria.net/display/MSK/HowTo+Run+moskito-central+in+embedded+mode

> - What time-interval granularity have people found useful with JMX, without
> overloading the servers?  I collect some JMX stats in 1 minute intervals,
> but really would like every second.

every second is maybe a little overkill, but possible. What amount of
traffic does your application serve, that you need so detailed data?

regards
Leon