tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Zheng Yang <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Application Context root url mapping broken after reload.
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 04:00:34 GMT
Thanks for the info.

If it happens as you describe it, then it should be a bug. Please file
> an issue in Bugzilla.
I've filed a bug here:

> Can you attach to your report a simple web application, with source
> code, that reproduces the issue?
> Two questions:
> a) Is it specific to the context root (empty string) mapping?

Yes, only the empty string mapping will broke while the others are OK.

> b) Is it specific to annotations? (Does it work if you specify the
> mapping in web.xml)?
> Nope, both annotations and DD fail.

> BTW, support for such mappings was added to Tomcat 7 rather late (in
> 7.0.28 - bug 53356 ).  Apparently they are no so widely used.
> If this is the case, what is considered as best practice when I need a
servlet to handle context root?
The function I'm trying to achieve is a 2-face context root: For logged-in
users, show home.jsp with params passed from root servlet. For users not
logged-in, show index.jsp.

Zheng Yang