tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hunt <Andrew.H...@nab.com.au>
Subject How to run an application with different user to TC container
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 06:17:51 GMT
Hi
We have a Tomcat 7.0.39 instance with several applications running within it, but all running
as the same user as the Tomcat instance.  We have a new application we are wanting to add,
but this needs to run with a different user as it has different accesses it needs that cannot
be granted to the other applications.  I have searched and read, but found anything that looks
at this level of configuration.

For example, /opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.39/bin/startup.sh is executed as 'fewperms'.  It has an
application /mydbprocessor that does stuff using a jdbc connection to a db that also executes
as fewperms.  I am now adding an application /mydeployer that needs to have sudo rights that
'fewperms' may not have (company policy).

I would prefer not to have a separate instance of Tomcat to achieve this.  Everything I have
seen / read about so far is how to access TC as a user with a different user, not how to run
an application as a different user.

Thanks...Andrew

________________________________
The information contained in this email communication may be confidential. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender by return email, delete this email and destroy
any copy.
Any advice contained in this email has been prepared without taking into account your objectives,
financial situation or needs. Before acting on any advice in this email, National Australia
Bank Limited (NAB) recommends that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances.
If this email contains reference to any financial products, NAB recommends you consider the
Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or other disclosure document available from NAB, before
making any decisions regarding any products.
If this email contains any promotional content that you do not wish to receive, please reply
to the original sender and write "Don't email promotional material" in the subject.