tomcat-users mailing list archives

From B T <bt1...@live.com>
Subject 6.0.16 vs 6.0.37 puzzle
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 15:09:59 GMT
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here might have some insight in different behaviors between 6.0.16
and 6.0.37.

I've been using version 6.0.16 (With CentOS 5) for quite some time - and it has worked very
well. I was in the process of testing a new configuration and was exploring the possibility
of upgrading to the latest 6.0.37 on CentOS 6.3.

After installing 6.0.37 (on CentOS 6.3), all of my .jsp pages now render as blank (.html still
get served correctly). I then removed 6.0.37 and installed the old 6.0.16 (on the same CentOS
6.3 box) and things work well.

To explain the "blank" comment further, I open a browser, and I can pull up a simple .html
page just fine. Once I go to a simple .jsp page, the entire browser screen is blank. The .java
and the .class do get generated correctly in the working directory.

Also, to complicate things even further, 6.0.37 *works* with my codebase on my Windows 7 PC.

Does anyone have any insight into what could be so different between the Linux 6.0.16 Tomcat
release and its 6.0.37 couterparts ?

Thanks -
BT