tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Smith, Burton" <Burton.Sm...@Williams.com>
Subject RE: Where is a good SSL/TLS
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 14:20:46 GMT
Chris,

I can get yum to pull 2.2.15-26.el6, but it is missing mod_ssl and mod_jk.  I can see 2.2.15-28.el6_4,
but yum will not perform the update for me to verify the modules.  Once I resolve this (should
be easy) issue is resolved I can verify the performance differences in Linux.  Patches may
become interesting after normal work/issues are resolved.

---
Thanks,
Burton L. Smith
w:801-584-6164
c:801-201-2897

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:49 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Where is a good SSL/TLS

Burton,

On 5/21/13 4:06 PM, Smith, Burton wrote:
> Sorry, mouse got away from me.

No problem: it happens.

I'm just curious: why are you compiling httpd yourself? RedHat should supply decent binaries
including mod_so for pluggable module support, and they should be reasonably optimized for
your platform.

Long ago, people wanting to squeeze every ounce of speed out of httpd would statically-compile
everything do remove a later of indirection.
At the time, I thought that was silly because it made deployments a pain in the neck.

These days, I think everyone who doesn't like modularized-httpd just jumps-ship and goes to
nginx or lighttpd, right?

Or maybe you are hacking httpd and just want to provide a patch. That would be great!

- -chris