tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way to make manager applications be first ones loaded?
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 22:02:34 GMT
> From: Nick Williams [mailto:nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net]
> Subject: Is there a way to make manager applications be first ones loaded?

> The FileNotFoundExceptions in our Ant build happen when the Ant task
> successfully contacts Tomcat but Tomcat returns a 404 for the manager
> because that application hasn't started yet. That's unpleasant.

Why not have your Ant task contact the manager app, and only proceed when a positive response
is received?

> So, is there a way to make the manager application or applications always
> be the first ones loaded?

By spec requirement, no.  You can play games with autoDeploy and deployOnStartup to force
the manager to be the only one loaded automatically, and then have your startup script load
the others, but that can get messy.

You might want to experiment with the startStopThreads attribute of the <Host> element
to allow applications to be deployed in parallel rather than sequentially.

 - Chuck