tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat thread dump analysis
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 15:25:43 GMT
> From: Charles Richard [mailto:charles.r@thelearningbar.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat thread dump analysis

> Top-posting is a post after another one I'm assuming?

No, it's doing what you keep on doing - posting the response before the query it applies to
(you could have looked it up).  It's obnoxious and makes it harder for people to follow the
conversation.

> Here is a full thread dump

Which again shows no Tomcat involvement in the locking hang.  It would appear that logic in
your application threads has either created a deadlock, or failed to unlock something before
returning, or something else entirely (e.g, broken network causing grief with Terracotta's
distributed caching).  If it's a deadlock, you need to examine the entire thread dump (all
threads) and look for a call stack that isn't like the others but holds the lock everyone
else is waiting for.  If it's simply a failure to unlock somewhere, you will likely have to
do a thorough code review to find it.  You will most likely need Terracotta's help here, since
it's their code waiting on the lock.

 - Chuck